NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

178mm 130pds settings

Fieldsy

Just now, Fieldsy said:

Hi all still in need of help

Need a target for tonight and what settings should I be starting with ( I have had this convo a while back but cant find)

130pds 178mm uncooled

Β 

My advice is to go for something big so that you literally cant miss it lol.Β 

Β 

Was thinking more like the centre of the heart nebula. Ic1805 so even if you miss that then you can't help but land on some ha. 60 - 120s subs with gain 200. Bin 2x2 if you can't see it in a single sub your doing something wrong.Β 

Edited by Adam J
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

Was thinking more like the centre of the heart nebula. Ic1805 so even if you miss that then you can't help but land on some ha. 60 - 120s subs with gain 200. Bin 2x2 if you can't see it in a single sub your doing something wrong.Β 

Not seeing anything 120 sub @200 gain bin2 h filter 🀯

20190919_214102.jpg

20190919_214342.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

Ngc7635 have got results yahoooπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

well my reaction to the first image is thats not the star pattern I am expecting for IC1805...so thats most likely why your not seeing it.

If you have NGC7635 Bubble nebula please share an image :)

Adam

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam J said:

well my reaction to the first image is thats not the star pattern I am expecting for IC1805...so thats most likely why your not seeing it.

If you have NGC7635 Bubble nebula please share an image :)

Adam

Dont say it's a smudge on the lens plz 🀞🏻

20190919_222417.jpg

20190919_222350.jpg

Just now, Fieldsy said:

U know I'm on it and I've just googled it what a stunner πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ

CouldΒ  try bin 3x3 and see if that helps things. Another thing to try is gain 50 and 120s subs or even going longer. Now that your on a target you can play with settings.

7 minutes ago, Adam J said:

or for that matter just keep going at the current settings get 100 frames like that and something will pop out, this is ha yes?

I’m all set up and running nowΒ 

gain 200

10 darks at 60sec ,60 light pollution filered 60 sec,60 red 60sec,Β 60 green 60sec,60 blue 60 sec, 100 H 60 sec,

prob all wrong but the πŸŒ“ Β is just poking up 🀨

Β 

3 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

I’m all set up and running nowΒ 

gain 200

10 darks at 60sec ,60 light pollution filered 60 sec,60 red 60sec,Β 60 green 60sec,60 blue 60 sec, 100 H 60 sec,

prob all wrong but the πŸŒ“ Β is just poking up 🀨

Yeah i would do nothing but Ha all night mate as the moon with ruin anything else. Seriously even if its 1000Ha subs in one night go with all ha. Get the RGB another night.

Edited by Adam J

5 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

😡 I've had to adjust it tracking had moved of so paused it re centred it and started again .

moved off? are you dithering between subs? or is it flexture? as it should not move off unless it loses the guide star.