NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Watcher- Star Adventurer Pro Pack Vs. Astro Pack

kfox

Cant decide between the 2 and there isn't much information or reviews comparing the two. Is the extra $120 worth it or should I go with the astro pack? Just want to get started into astrophotography. Thanks for any help! 

Depends on what you intend putting on the mount. Astro Pack? don't know that - is that a USA version?

I have the SA Pro Pack which allows me to put any thing from a wide angle camera lens/body combinations up to (in my case) the William Optics ZS73 with a camera body successfully.

This thread may help scroll down to almost the last image: 

Edited by fwm891
Link added

12 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Depends on what you intend putting on the mount. Astro Pack? don't know that - is that a USA version?

I have the SA Pro Pack which allows me to put any thing from a wide angle camera lens/body combinations up to (in my case) the William Optics ZS73 with a camera body successfully.

This thread may help scroll down to almost the last image: 

Thanks! The astro pack must be a U.S. version. I think that it may be the same as the photo pack if that rings a bell. I plan on using a DSLR to take pictures of constellations, the milky way and eventually with more lenses get closer up to big deep sky objects like the Andromeda, Orion Nebula, North American Nebula, etc. If the mount can withstand a small telescope (which by your thread it can), I would love to be able to throw one on there eventually as well. 

Edited by kfox

And another thread:

Not so good this one but the key is aligning the polar axis - there are a number of phone apps that tell you where polaris should be when you look through the polar scope.

Note though that the phone app may have two modes: visual and telescope - choose telescope.

You will also need to check the polar scope alignment within the mount (any mount will need this doing).

Any questions fire away.

Good luck with choosing a mount

Edited by fwm891
text added
  • Like 1