NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C6S-GT - imaging questions...

Hi guys..

Am after a bit of advice, gonna be getting cash for xmas from the family to put into scope/photography gear. So far have a C6s-GT, 6.3 reducer, meade LPI and a cannon 350D.

So.. already on list is a infra red remote for the camera so can use bulb mode (any suggestions?). Was thinking of the T adapter thingies so I can use the camera body on the scope and for wide fied also getting one of these: http://www.telescopesplus.co.uk/moreinfo.php/Accessories/Photo_&_Visual_Accessories/Celestron_Piggyback_Mount_-_C8,_9-1~4,_11_&_14/3292, will this fit the C6s?

When the camera is attached to the scope via the T rings, I assume it needs guiding (not sure what cables i need for this)? If i was to get a guide scope and use the LPI how can this be piggybacked/attached to the C6.. I have googled for rings but cant find anything specific, or would i need a custom bar to mount side by side on the GT mount?

Any advice welcome :)

I dont think the piggy back will fit on the C6.. I ended up going for a side by side bar in the end.

For guiding the easiest way is side by side bar.. wide field 80m scope and something like the QHY5 which has a built in guide port so connects straight to the guide port on the mount with an ST4 cable.

I dont think the piggy back will fit on the C6.. I ended up going for a side by side bar in the end.

For guiding the easiest way is side by side bar.. wide field 80m scope and something like the QHY5 which has a built in guide port so connects straight to the guide port on the mount with an ST4 cable.

This is what I'm planning to do, though in my case I'm going to use the C6 with f6.3 focal reducer as the guide scope and the imaging with my M90. Got the scopes, just need the mounting bar and a guide camera. I was thinking of using the Meade LPI for that as these can be picked up cheap on ebay. Does anyone use one and can it be plugged into the guide port on an EQ6 Pro?

Archived