NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Request - photos of inside of Brightstar Quantum EFW

Hi guys

I acquired an EFW on here, with a known fault.  I really need to see an image of the inside of another one to see if there is an issue with this one.  Would anyone be able to help.  It's the 7 x 2" wheel.

TIA and CS

Adam

Edited by tooth_dr

45 minutes ago, Melitastro said:

How's this? If you need a different view then let me know

quantum.thumb.jpg.6a022beecee8869d70d8c9c8cc47abbe.jpg

Thanks so much. That’s perfect. Looks like mine - 2 rubber o rings - so no concern there.  There seems to be an issue with mine when it doesn’t quite return to the same position after a rotation. This is affecting flats as the dust on the filters isn’t being corrected exactly leading to a ‘double image’ of the dust bunny.  I’m running through a process of elimination.  I’ve removed, cleaned and reset the little sensor. The only other observation I can make is that the motor feels notchy when rotated but again this could be perfectly normal. 

Thanks again 👍🏻👍🏻

Adam. 

14 minutes ago, Melitastro said:

The only thing I can think of, and you've probably done it when cleaning the sensor, is making sure the holes in the carousel are clear so the sensor can detect position correctly.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I did look at the holes but didn’t clean them. I’ll clean them with a little Tepe brush and see if that helps.  I’ll come back to this thread with results good or bad. I spoke to Bern at MA and he isn’t aware of any issues (he used to sell them) but he was positive of the wheel and reckoned it was worth persevering with it.

Cheers!

Adam.