NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Prorotpye Laser Cut Masks

I have just had a call from the sheetmetal workers the lasers up and running and they are about to start cutting - well as soon as I get there ....

Please can the people who I have discussed the prototypes with vi PM send me their address details (vi pm) and the masks taht we chatted about and I will try and get them off to you tomorrow...

Here was the list...

1 Celestron 6SE SCT

2 Celestron CPC800 SCT

3 Celestron CPC925 SCT

4 Meade ETX105 Mak

5 GSO 8" f4

6 Meade 10" LX f6.3 SCT

7 Meade 10" LX f10 SCT

8 Skywatcher 190 Mak Newt

9 Skywatcher 200 Newt

10 Skywatcher 250 Newt

11 Skywatcher ED 80 Pro Ref

12 Skywatcher EQ 66 Pro Ref - also WO ZS66

13 William Optic Megrez 110 Ref

14 William Optic Megrez 72 Ref

16 Skywatcher EQ 120 Pro Ref

17 Skywatcher EQ 80 Pro Ref

18 William Optic FLT102 Ref

20 Meade 12" LX f10 SCT

21 Meade 12" LX f6.3 SCT

23 Meade 14" LX f6.3 SCT

24 <eade 14" LX f10 SCT

25 William Optics ZS80

hopefully they have nested the sheet to get as many as possible off it

They will be supplied unpainted chaps for the testing once they thave been fitted (tabs folded) degrease them and a quick coating of matt black spray should do the job...

Once I get the reports back ... Billybits will hopefully be going live....

Billy....

Firstly the good news... should get 60 variosu sized masks off the sheet...

Now the bad news...

We had problems doing the nesting and the resulting program was too large to download as a single job tot he machine...so I am going to have to go there again tomorrow and also the sheet is going to take 8 hours to cut on the laser as theres nearly 300 liner mteres of cutting and several hundred piericings to be made - as this is the first tiem the sheet is beign run it can be left overnight so will have to be "manned" during the day all of which are adding to the costs... I'll have to get back you you tomorrow once i know the production cost...and wether the deal I have for the production still stands...

I also think they have got the numbers wrong for each mask being produced...as teh auto nester threw a wobbly...

Net result is i'm unlikely to get anything out till after I am back from the rally... Next week...

Admin/s mods please feel free to move this to retailers announcements if you deem fit but as yet nothing is cast in stone...

Peter

I have put these on hold until i get back from the rally the sheet is going to be expensive to cut so i want to double check that they have the right masks on there and I havent had a chance to sort out shipping materials etc...

Been asked to go to rally tech HQ a day early to help out so wont be able to do anything else today...

No ones got in touch yet (apart from George) so no rush as it will be end of next week at the earliest now...

Billy...

I need to make sure that all the masks that have already been "allocated" are placed on the sheet first then I'll see what extras can be fitted... the filing will be the Smaller 66, and 80mm diameter masks...

The purpose of the test is to check the designs on a range of different scopes and get back feedback before any possible future decision is made to go into production...

I am giving the people who have already discussed testing them up until Sunday the 7th to confirm which masks and delivery address's so that I can send a list to the people doing the manufacture the info they need to produce the sheet nest.

To tell you the truth we were surprised how long the cutting was going to take - to produce 60 various masks the cutting time is going to be over 8 hours so the costs will be several hundred pounds for the machine time with the operators time on top again relatively speaking the material cost is low...

If they decide that cost is such that they cant do it free up front then I might have to reconsider getting them done these days neither the engineering company or myself can act as a "charity" I cant ask them to taking paying work of the machine for 8 hours a couple perhaps but not 8... :)

Will get back once I know more....

Billy...

I was thinking along the line of cost price once you have tested the images as I am likely to have credit terms with the engineering company - fingers crossed.. and obvioulsy would need to cover postage and packaging costs as well...

If you dont like em or they dont work just send them back...

I still havent heard form everyone yet... I cant add any new designs to the sheet so it will bew filled witht he ones on the list...

On Wales Rally GB duty again for the rest of the week and into the start of next week..

Tomorrow Night I am sleeping in the front of the Transit on the start of Special Stage 3 by 6.50 am Friday morning..

Friday Night I am staying with the Army in Sennybridge Camp...before getting to the start of SS 10 by 7.00 am Saturday

Saturday night might get home late and have to be on stage by 5.am on Sunday morning..

Monday I have got to help get a load of 4x4's back to the hire center so its likely to be Tuesday of next week before I'm back in contact... only got 180+ vehicles on hire...

Billy...

Archived