SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Enjoying the partial lunar eclipse with strangers

I'm a little late this time but better late than never:)

Once again me and some other danish amateur astronomers set up our telescopes and shared them with the public. This time it was a special evening since it was a partial lunar eclipse and we also got to witness the ISS cross the night sky.

https://myastronomyjourney.wordpress.com/2019/07/21/partial-lunar-eclipse-16th-of-july-public-event/

Hopefully you enjoy the post! I had a really good evening and so did hopefully everyone else.

Victor

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yo. I was just wondering, you know if there are any places in Denmark where they arrange star parties? I'm planning a roadtrip with the family next spring or so for a week or two. Would be a shame to leave the scope behind if there are some nice places to set it up and maybe meet some new like minded people!

7 hours ago, boyandorion said:

Yo. I was just wondering, you know if there are any places in Denmark where they arrange star parties? I'm planning a roadtrip with the family next spring or so for a week or two. Would be a shame to leave the scope behind if there are some nice places to set it up and maybe meet some new like minded people!

I'd agree with @Rob Sellent to visit Møn. I've never been there myself at night though but I've only seen fabulous photos from there.

As for star parties. I only know one real star party but me and a couple of other guys do some public outreaches sometimes when we can. We could definitely try to figure out something if it fits our schedule when you're visiting.

We have a Facebook group where we post if we're doing an outreach and I'd recommend you to ask there:)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/astronomiforalle/

Hopefully we can figure something out

Thanks. I had a look at the Facebook group yesterday actually. Just a quick glance. Looks like you guys have something good going on there. When it comes to Møn - my inlaws was visiting that place just a month ago or so. I was envious - I don't get envious usually haha. They went by day, and I was like - why waste it on a day when u can get the perfect night. Dad in law, he's not interested in astronomy or photography for that matter, but he loves to visit places that are a bit special. And this looks like a really special place. He said - REALLY nice place. But man.... so many stairs. :D.

It would be awesome as I said to meet like minded people when going. When it comes to schedule, I doubt I will have any plans set in stone before it's getting close. Right now, the plans are at the following stage:

1. Roadtrip to Denmark sometime next spring. :D

Thanks for the tips! I'll read the information, and hmm.... do u think it would be awkward if I asked to be member of the facebook group even tho I'm not danish? :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boyandorion said:

Thanks. I had a look at the Facebook group yesterday actually. Just a quick glance. Looks like you guys have something good going on there. When it comes to Møn - my inlaws was visiting that place just a month ago or so. I was envious - I don't get envious usually haha. They went by day, and I was like - why waste it on a day when u can get the perfect night. Dad in law, he's not interested in astronomy or photography for that matter, but he loves to visit places that are a bit special. And this looks like a really special place. He said - REALLY nice place. But man.... so many stairs. :D.

It would be awesome as I said to meet like minded people when going. When it comes to schedule, I doubt I will have any plans set in stone before it's getting close. Right now, the plans are at the following stage:

1. Roadtrip to Denmark sometime next spring. :D

Thanks for the tips! I'll read the information, and hmm.... do u think it would be awkward if I asked to be member of the facebook group even tho I'm not danish? :)

Sorry for slow respond...

Well... you only have to walk down the stairs if you want to get away completely from all light pollution but I think it's faced towards the east which means the southern part of the milky way might not be visible, but hey! I can't say for sure:)
Thank you for your visit! Yes we're really trying our best to get people interested but it's also something we really enjoy doing so it's a win-win. Wouldn't be a problem if you requested to join, the group is after all called "Astronomy for everyone":) If your request gets declined I'll text the admin since we get along quite good and we've been out a couple of times together:)

• Like 1

No need to say sorry for late reply hehe. After all - we have other things to do than staring into a computer screen all the time.

Thanks for the input. I'll be putting Møns klint on my goto list.