NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bubble + Friends

Adreneline

The nights might be short and the moon might be big but when the sky is clear you have to have a go and see what can be achieved.

This is 20x120s of Ha and OIII using the WO-ZS71 and ASI1600MM-Pro at 139 gain, 56 offset and -20 degrees C.

The image includes not only NGC 7635 the Bubble Nebula but also the largest yet discovered proto-star NGC 7538, Sharpless 157 the Lobster Claw Nebula, the open star cluster M52 and 4Cas.

806145508_BubbleFriends-sgl.thumb.jpg.d5bec149574d24ddb25efdf48555972a.jpg

I also took 20x60s of R,G and B but I am struggling to combine the two to get some colour into the stars. I've combined the Ha into the R channel using a Lighten layer but it is knowing how best to utilise the OIII with the G and B. Everything I've tried so far looks rubbish and there is still a marked lack of colour in the stars. I also processed the RGB separately and stretched using ArcSinhStretch in PI to reveal lots of star colour so I know it is there. Any advice or tips on combining the two would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Typo
  • Like 4