SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 and M35 first go with c8 on nexstar se mount

jonathancd

Hello,

probably got a bit ambitious and though I would try and see if I could image with my c8 (and a .63 focal reducer) on the SE mount on Tuesday. Thought I would try some bright stuff. Had to throw away quite alot of subs but managed about 15x20-30 sec for each with only minor tracking errors. Interesting experiment but I think that I will stick with imaging on my equinox 80 for the time being.

thanks for looking

Jonathan

Nexstar 8SE

Equinox 80

Canon 400d

10583_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10584_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Not too hot on the woodwork myself but we have some good engineers at my local society that may be able to help out. The main problem though is that the periodic error seems to be quite high on the SE mount.

thanks for the tips.

Jonathan

Nexstar 8SE

Equinox 80

Canon 400d

its all about getting the most out of what you have got really...

And i think you will be surprised what you can get if you work within the capabilities of the kit...I think the 6SE and 8SE share the same Mount so the 6SE is putting less strain on the mount than the 8SE...

If you make up a wedge then you will drastically reduce field rotation and keeping the subs fairly short will minimise the effect of any residual rotation and tracking errors as will reducing the effective focal length by using the reducers...

I am sure there will be someone at the local Soc who can help you out :)

Billy...

Archived