orion g3 programming mode AT32

hello

I have orion g3 color camera (new purchase) and when I first try to use it I was think that updating the camera will be something good

I try to use camera studio then press camera then press update firmware the APP ask me to put the camera in the programming mode then I press ok after that the camera enter the programming mode and never get out

I contact orion customer support and the send me an .elf file but the computer refuse to recognized the camera as camera it recognized it as something strange and I just stuck not know what to do with new camera has never been use

I'm really regret to buy this bad camera

if I just invest in better camera like zwo

I just waste my 350$

• 2 weeks later...

I  think you have bricked the Atmel chip in the camera. Here's what I found on the Internet:

"If you get one of these, whatever you do, do *NOT* try to update the firmware through the update firmware menu option in Orion Camera Studio. If you do, it will tell you it needs to put the camera in 'programming mode'- after which your computer will stop recognizing it as a camera and decide it is: 'AT32UC3B,' a 'LibUSB-Win32 Device.' Camera Studio itself doesn't recognize the camera after that point. If you try to go back to the firmware updater it will say that it can't find the camera and that the camera may already be in programming mode. The only thing you can do in the updater is browse your computer looking for an 'elf' file (which I assume is the file type for the firmware) - it does not check online for a new version. As there currently isn't one on Orion's webpage for manual download, you are stuck at this point and pretty much screwed. There isn't any way out of programming mode - at least I haven't found a way out yet. So, right now my camera is an expensive paperweight unless tech support can come up with a solution. I'll update this again if they come through with the fix. All in all, still unsatisfied with the sorry software that came with this otherwise capable entry level camera.  About a week later the tech support guys emailed me a copy of the latest firmware. Mine originally had ver. 1.01. The version they sent is 1.07. According to tech support, going into programming mode wipes the firmware from the camera. Why they don't have it posted on their webpage for download is a mystery."

So it sounds like you can recover using the ELF file, but I don't know how you do that. 

As the camera is new I would send it to Orion for a warranty claim. 

Let this be a lesson to everyone reading this. Updating your camera, mount etc for no specific advantage is not a good idea. 

Michael 

2 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Let this be a lesson to everyone reading this. Updating your camera, mount etc for no specific advantage is not a good idea. 

I can't disagree with that.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Archived