NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

rgb filters asiair

Fieldsy

Hi all so I'm currently shooting  M13 using mono cam and asiair ,so the first set of 100 images with uv/ir filter and the iPad screen shows image grey scale 👍🏻 all good so far , 2nd filter has just started red but iPad screen still shows grey images 🤨 is that right should I see any slight colour to some stars on any of the filters or will the slight colour show up only when stacked ?

No it doesn't work like that the image will always be mono from a mono camera. However when you use a red filter only the red emmiting elements in the image are recorded. Same for other channels you don't get colour until you assign it to each channel in processing. You stack each filter separately in DSS and then you take them into Photoshop to create the colour image from the four stacked lrgb images. Just keep going and have faith. Plenty of time to work out how to process after getting the data in. 

30 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi all so I'm currently shooting  M13 using mono cam and asiair ,so the first set of 100 images with uv/ir filter and the iPad screen shows image grey scale 👍🏻 all good so far , 2nd filter has just started red but iPad screen still shows grey images 🤨 is that right should I see any slight colour to some stars on any of the filters or will the slight colour show up only when stacked ?

See above. 

6 minutes ago, Adam J said:

No it doesn't work like that the image will always be mono from a mono camera. However when you use a red filter only the red emmiting elements in the image are recorded. Same for other channels you don't get colour until you assign it to each channel in processing. You stack each filter separately in DSS and then you take them into Photoshop to create the colour image from the four stacked lrgb images. Just keep going and have faith. Plenty of time to work out how to process after getting the data in. 

Ahh I tried stacking all shots from all filters  yesterday lol

1 minute ago, Fieldsy said:

Ahh I tried stacking all shots from all filters  yesterday lol

There is a video linked in this thread that does an ok job of explaining LRGB processing. 

Hope your focus etc is better this time round. Are your subs looking sharper? 

Archived