Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargate 20" dob - first light tomorrow night hopefully...

6 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Wearing glasses? Televue Delos all the way! £200 max second hand....... 

One step at a time though. You may find that you don’t need glasses for observing. I wear glasses, but find that a judicious twiddling of the focuser turns everything pin sharp ?. Saddly, I still need the glasses to point the scope in the right direction.

I have an f4 Scope (only 16”). Having tried to live with a set of 50° eyepieces, you will want to go wider at some stage. It is well worth asking advice here before buying. The advice from SGL members has saved me a small fortune over the last 5 years.

Paul

Thanks Paul! Delos it is. I'll try first and focus without glasses, I have Bushnell binos which I can do that with, my Celestron observation binos don't quite rack far enough, but very close. I don't recall any mention from my eye doctor of astigmatism that might prevent me from doing so. I will also keep an eye (no pun intended) online for any used ones, and save up in the meantime for any other gems that pop up. I rarely buy anything new, mostly second-hand, as and when it appears.  I will definitely seek advice here from the members, everyone I've chatted to has been great, already planning on joining the local astronomy group in my area as a member here pointed me in their direction. Good stuff. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived