Bubble and Cave widefield

This is a two pane mosaic.  Left hand side = Ha 95m, G 24, B 28, OIII 80.  Right hand = Ha 145m, G 35m, B 150m.  Total 5.5 hours.

The left hand side was taken with an older Ha filter which makes terrible halos.  These have been reduced to the best of my ability.

The right hand side was taken with a new 3nm Ha filter, and didn't need any halo treatment at all.  It is also worth noting that the stuff on the right is much fainter than the left.

Stacking was done in CCDStack and most processing was done in the Gimp (which I am beginning to like a lot!!)  I would highly recommend the Gimp, but it probably takes quite a bit of getting used to.

Sum sh154AB.jpg

Tak FSQ106 at F3.6, STL6003 on EQ6/EQMOD.

Edited to add CdC graphic cos I don't know how to add multiple images with text in between.  Are there instructions somewhere?

cdcmosaicsh154.jpg

15 hours ago, TheMan said:

That is very good looking!

Thank you very much!

I've just looked at it from a work PC, and I can clearly see the two panels.   At home the background looked even.  I can also see lots of faint noisy stuff that wasn't visible on my laptop screen.

I have some research to do.

Archived