Pacman nebula narrowband

poogle

Hi!

I originally posted a rough version of this in the beginners section and after getting some valuable tips on processing I decided to post it in this section as well :)

This is my first post in this section, but I'm actually kind of happy with the result! It's not as crisp or detailed as many images in this section of the forum though.

It's my first go at combining Ha, S2 and O3 into a color image, and I've been following the PixInsight tutorials on Light Vortex Astronomy.

The image is a combination of 15 x 600s Ha, 16 x 600s O3 and 10 x 600s S2, totalling almost 7 hours of lights, combined with darks, flats and bias.

Shot in Stockholm, Sweden with a SXVR-H18 and Baader narrowband filters.

Any suggestions or possible improvements welcome.

Thanks for looking

/Patrik

RGB_bgneutral_stretch_curves_hdr_curves_scnr_morph_curves_tvgdenoice_lightness.png

This is great and I'm very glad you posted on the deep sky forum.  You've nailed the colour without leaving horrible HST artefacts like magenta stars..  As you say, it is a bit soft, maybe the tiniest bit away from optimal focus.  Definitely on the right track.

1 hour ago, MartinB said:

This is great and I'm very glad you posted on the deep sky forum.  You've nailed the colour without leaving horrible HST artefacts like magenta stars..  As you say, it is a bit soft, maybe the tiniest bit away from optimal focus.  Definitely on the right track.

Thanks Martin, means alot!

I think I was a bit lazy with the new autofocuser. I told it to focused when changing filters, but maybe I should tell SGP to focus every 5 frames or so to compensate for temperature changes, meridian flips and such?

Archived