M33 and stars with halos.

Hi guys. 

This is my M33 shot with my ts65 quad and the 600d.

I'm quite pleased with the image apart from the halos around the bright stars. I processed it a few times with the same result. Is there a way in photoshop to avoid these halos?

LRM_EXPORT_384068702480981_20181201_091830750.thumb.jpeg.f3ddddfca8fe3daaa5a2394334de0606.jpeg

Emil

Looks more like blown-out core than a halo to me.

Try making sure you fix the top end of your curves before stretching, and consider using Noel's 'increase star colour' before using any other colour increasing techniques.

You could also create a blurred layer on top and use a mask to let it subtly introduce colour into the stars.

Similarly, use a mask to select all the bright spots, expand it, then feather it and apply blur.

Still a lovely image.

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Looks more like blown-out core than a halo to me.

Try making sure you fix the top end of your curves before stretching, and consider using Noel's 'increase star colour' before using any other colour increasing techniques.

You could also create a blurred layer on top and use a mask to let it subtly introduce colour into the stars.

Similarly, use a mask to select all the bright spots, expand it, then feather it and apply blur.

Still a lovely image.

Thank you! I'll give it a try next time I'm allowed on my computer ?

Archived