Melotte 15

Rodd

I have been tinkering with the central feature of a larger image of the heart Nebula, trying to pull out as much detail as possible.  I think this is about as far as I dare go.  I have improved on the image as a whole--but the difference probably does not warrant posting.  My Astrobin page has the image if any one cares to see.  But I spent extra tile with this central feature.  This probably would not warrant posting either--except it was shot at a focal length of 318mm (FSQ 106 with .6x reducer).  I shot this same feature at 1,000mm and the difference is not what one would expect (in fact the 318mm crop is better IMO--but that is in great part due to processing I think).  Still.  A decent, if not exemplary, David and Goliath story.

Image04-end3b-crop2.jpg.3d4ec71fb74745d09c4d21d530bd1938.jpg

6 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Very well put.

An excellent image, Rodd.

Thanks Wim.  A bit upsetting though that my 130mm failed me.  Different camera too, though, so I guess its hard to say.   Maybe the conditions could not support the resolution.

Rodd

Archived