NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wide field NGC 7000 & neighbours

At my Adur Society meetings we have members who are not up to imaging with a telescope yet & I have tried to encourage them to try with just the Camera and to back up my idea I tried myself the other night, with help from Steve (Steppenwolf) on lens setting etc, to image the NGC7000 area. The processing to a long while but I was pleased with the result. I know I have the 7000 and Pelican but don't know what else I have captured. I only used 60 sec exposures as many of our members do not have Equitorial Mounts and over 60 secs would be difficult for them. My settings for those interested were - Canon 350D Modded - 200mm lens - 20 subs at 60 secs. I would appreciate constructive comments as to how I could improve this image.

Robin

9592_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

i think for 60 secs ,you have done well Robin, the only thing as always is the exposure time , colour wise with that camera i would guess you do need more exposure , more exposure means more play time lol if ya know what i mean.

I think really if they want to get more data , it would be best to get them on the guiding road, its all a balance Robin, camara sensitivity,this controls it all really in respect of how long exposures can be .

Rog

If you have got Steve on board giving advice then theres probably not a lot to add...

I find af lenses readily loose focus when set to manual i use a small blob of bluetack to lock the focus as i found the movement in the mount was enough to get the focus to "slip" also a lot of the lenses infinity is no longer at the end of the travel and its possible to focus part infinity.

A mix of ISO settings as well possibly using a lot of frames at ISO 1600 to capture the "intensity" and tehn some more at ISO 800 or even 640 to get more colour data.

How about Barn Door trackers....

Billy...

Archived