NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr and its Nebulosity

Stub Mandrel

This is the area of turbulent nebulosity near the Star Sadr, the 'heart' of Cygnus.

At the top is the 'inchworm cluster, all lovely golden stars. The band of dark nebulosity is B 347 and at least the upper area of Ha nebulosity is LBN 249.

90 minutes of 5-minute subs, Cooled, modified Canon 450D, 130P-DS with coma corrector.

874898919_SadrandtheInchwormClustercopy.png.f5bc5b9698fdb47fcf859e6779e75db3.png

11 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I think HaRGB could make the nebulosity much better defined.

Hubble would be interesting to see.

I am torn.  Good hubble compositions are amazing--depth and structure.  HaRGB is usually good but tends toward pink--or just red.  I have seen some images that are red, but they have blue reflection nebula, and structure and depth.  NOT SURE!!!

35 minutes ago, Rodd said:

images that are red, but they have blue reflection nebula,

It's ironic, but my older images show more of the reflection nebulosity. I suspect it's because it was a darker sky in February.

I prefer the new image's framing,  but I will try combining it with this data set from february.

1977586210_Sadrregion.thumb.png.659f71b701bb15bfc27bd9b7183d19b8.png

Archived