NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Panorama for SCTs?

4 years ago I had the Skywatcher Panorama 15mm and used it on my 12-inch Flextube Dob. It wasn't great, lots of visible coma around a good portion of the FOV outer edge. I sold it to an SGL member to use on his SCT, and he was quite happy with it. 

Now, given my budget is tight, I'm thinking about getting the set: 23mm, 15mm, 7mm (I might use the 7mm on the ED refractor - too much magnification and possibly not enough contrast on an STC). What do you guys think, given the tolerant nature of the Schmidt Cassegrain systems, will I have the same issue as I did on the reflector scope?

Also, the 15mm is 1.25", will this limit my FOV?

I'm also buying the Explore Scientific 30mm 82-deg.  So, my EP collection will possibly include a 30mm, 23mm, and 15mm. 

Thanks!

20 hours ago, emadmoussa said:

4 years ago I had the Skywatcher Panorama 15mm and used it on my 12-inch Flextube Dob. It wasn't great, lots of visible coma around a good portion of the FOV outer edge. I sold it to an SGL member to use on his SCT, and he was quite happy with it. 

Now, given my budget is tight, I'm thinking about getting the set: 23mm, 15mm, 7mm (I might use the 7mm on the ED refractor - too much magnification and possibly not enough contrast on an STC). What do you guys think, given the tolerant nature of the Schmidt Cassegrain systems, will I have the same issue as I did on the reflector scope?

Also, the 15mm is 1.25", will this limit my FOV?

I'm also buying the Explore Scientific 30mm 82-deg.  So, my EP collection will possibly include a 30mm, 23mm, and 15mm. 

Thanks!

I don't know these EPs but the 13mm Ethos is 1.25 compatible and that has a staggering FOV so, of itself, 1/25 won't limit your FOV in a 15mm EP.

Olly

Archived