SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox

Recently, Pegasus astro released the Pocket Powerbox, which is a smaller version of the Ultimate Powerbox (Which I am sure many of you are familiar with). The concept is that you only need one device to power ALL of you equipment, and the pocket powerbox, as the name implies, is designed to be used on smaller setups like mine.

After some postage issues, my initial initial impressions are very good, as to be expected from Pegasus Astro. The PPB features 4 x 12v output sockets, an 8v DSLR power output, a sensor input (Sensor included) and two dew heater sockets, which use the standard phono sockets found on most dew heater controllers. 

IMG_1529.thumb.jpg.1d9d3ad97153607f0ecdd214b1f60297.jpg

In the box, four 12v male to male cables are supplied, which is a nice touch. With my PPB, I also ordered a DSLR power adaptor for my 1200D. The power adaptors are available for Canon and some sony cameras. There is also a USB type B cable (3m long), which is used for connecting the Powerbox to a computer.

The pocket powerbox software is very good, as there is no glitches that I have stumbled across so far. It is very simplistic and can ghosted, so it can still be seen even when going on other programs. The Pocket Powerbox has a built in voltmeter and ammeter, so you can monitor how much current your equipment is using, which is useful for when you are running on battery power.

The Temperature/Humidity sensor supplied and is very accurate. It can be used to work out the dew point, so your dew heaters can be automatically adjusted to maximize power efficiency.

IMG_1533.thumb.jpg.259b1b1390b61b452cb411fbd44c1da8.jpg

IMG_1526.thumb.jpg.0f7973820da447c425b2887aaff5a807.jpg

Archived