Test Image for Orion Starshoot Pro V2??

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

Having now unboxed and downloaded the relevant drivers, I`d like to make a test image. First off, it`s connected to my Borg 76ED with a helical focuser. The software is Maxim DL Essentials.

I tried a daytime image but got a black noisy image, can I only expose at night? or do I need different software for daytime imaging?

Looking to have a constant image so I can focus the camera.

This is my first go with this camera, bit old I know but should still give decent images.

chaz

4 minutes ago, chaz2b said:

Having now unboxed and downloaded the relevant drivers, I`d like to make a test image. First off, it`s connected to my Borg 76ED with a helical focuser. The software is Maxim DL Essentials.

I tried a daytime image but got a black noisy image, can I only expose at night?

I'd expect it to be the opposite to this. Since astrophotography cameras are very sensitive to light, a daytime image would be very light.

What image setting were you using?

Guest chaz2b

As I have only just set it up I`m using the default, light colour 1x1, 1/100th sec exposure. any changes that you can recommend?

Yes, I need to download the instructions.?

Have now done so, and page 10 will sort me...what a dumb donkey?

Archived