SNR G65.3+5.7 A quite unknown supernova remnant in Cygnus

Avdhoeven

Work in progress 1f642.png Last nights I have been shooting Ha and OIII data of SH2-91 in Cygnus. This is part of a supernova remnant, equal in size to the much more famous Veil Nebula in Cygnus. It's a pretty weak object that needs deep exposures to bring out the details. The first result (the detail image) looks very promising. This one consists of 13 Ha and 13 OIII images of 20 minutes each.

Sh2-91_12082018.thumb.jpg.eaadb419f1880feff611ade77fc90394.jpg
When I had imaged the first part I found out about the much larger structure and last night I made a test mosaic in OIII to see if I would be able to catch the filaments. In the overview you can see the result of that first (single image) mosaic attempt consisting of 9 separate images. 

Mosaic_SNR-CYG_overview_13072018.thumb.jpg.cb00d274fb409f650b1680ebeecc3400.jpg

I discovered that my choice of field of view of the first image was not very handy for the total overview, because it was right on the edge, so I decided to make a better placement of the images. This will be a long term project as I need about 2 nights per frame (Ha and OIII), so I'll need about 18 nights. But I'm sure I will make this because I really like this object. So let's hope for clear holidays 1f642.png

Telescope: TMB92
Camera: QSI583ws
Filters: Astrodon OIII (3nm) and Ha (5nm)
Exposure time per frame: 1200s (20 minutes)

Archived