The pic that started me on this slippery slope

Hi guys,

This is the picture that got me interested in Astrophotography. I was more interested in landscapes but after I’d just finished helping a mate film his DVD that was entitled Devil in Disguise he took me to Malham Cove which has beautiful dark skies to the point where you can’t even see your hand in front of your face. While there I decided to get a shot of him that reflected the devil in disguise theme. I used a Canon 80D with a 10-18mm lens 30secs at 10mm iso 800. Experienced astrophotographers will likely see a ton of things wrong but it’s probably my favourite picture I’ve taken and it really opened my eyes to the wonders of night sky photography and started me on what I know is going to be an expensive, frustrating but ultimately rewarding passion.

So here it is:

The Devil in Disguise. 

13C2CFF0-8783-434A-9742-31A7177C4666.jpeg

It's a fantastic photo, and I take issue with anyone that says otherwise ?  I might crop it slightly differently, but that's just personal preference.

You should be really proud!

...and then you start to want / need more equipment...and there's that slippery slope :)

Mike

Archived