NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7000 HaRGB. Star 71 and 100D

I got three hours of one shot rgb subs last night. (36 X 5min, iso 400) and added it to the 2.5 hours of Ha I collected a few nights ago.

Here is the result. I seem to be struggling to get a pleasing finish when combining Ha and RGB though there was some high clouds last night that may have affected the quality of the data. If anyone has any tips or techniques for adding Ha to RGB, without getting too pink and mushy, I'm all ears!

616096582_NGC7000hargbrgbstarsfinal.thumb.png.ba73729daf7f1d0522201a1394ec3621.png

p.s. my current approach is to add 80% Ha to the red channel of the RGB image, then add the Ha Layer to the RGB image as luminosity (25% layer), then fiddle to make it lees pink and finish off.

I think that looks pretty good as it stands - whatever you are doing works for me! 

I’m no wiz at image processing, but one approach I have used is to make separate HaGB and RGB images, and blend those to avoid the washed-out pink of HaGB on its own.  Doubtless the PixInsight/Adobe crew will be able to give you much better advice...?

Archived