ngc 6819

Hi everyone

Getting to know indi/kstars -with its elegant Ubuntu interface- a little better, but disappointed with this one. Being in Cygnus, I was expecting red gas and dust. Stretch as I may, there's nothing there. I wonder if that is an effect of working with .fits rather than cr2? I may well have missed a fits setting somewhere. Oh, and limited to 3 minute snaps due to the gibbous searchlight... Any pointers most welcome.

Thanks for looking and clear skies.

700d on 250p, around 1 hour @  ISO800

1074589755_Screenshotfrom2018-07-0100-51-21.thumb.png.e6cd5126339460ed378a9931d4d7278f.png

6819copy.thumb.jpg.5e16da8d654d174ded2a7b54acde7d5d.jpg

Nice cluster. Although it lies in a generally dusty part of the MW a quick search for images didn't find any with dusty backgrounds. Mind you, going after dusty backgrounds in a gibbous moon might be a doomed undertaking anyway.  I've never tried, though. Your black point is quite severe so far as faint dust goes, I'd have thought?

Olly

Archived