Pixel scale: 1.828 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 359.852 degrees

Field radius: 1.472 degrees

Locations: Back Garden, Cork, Ireland

Plan is to add rgb.

Hope you like it.

Richard.

1525671272_Scorpiandsecopy2.thumb.jpg.73e81f9d4d6558efb14077f6b24e2a66.jpg

Looks great.  That Epsilon 130 really can collect allot of data in a short amount of time.  I am not finding the FSQ 106 with .6x reducer (F3) to be as effective.  In fact, other than FOV, I see no difference.  Your image is very pleasing--with surprisingly few diff spikes.  Maybe the small pixels work to keep them down?  

Rodd

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

Looks great.  That Epsilon 130 really can collect allot of data in a short amount of time.  I am not finding the FSQ 106 with .6x reducer (F3) to be as effective.  In fact, other than FOV, I see no difference.  Your image is very pleasing--with surprisingly few diff spikes.  Maybe the small pixels work to keep them down?  

Rodd

Thanks Rodd. Not sure about the small pixels helping to keep the spikes down. I would imagine the 5nm ha filter is what it is. 

That's mad you see no difference at f3. I can remember seeing a significant difference  when i added a reducer to my Skywatcher 80ed.

That's an excellent start of this project. Can't wait to see the colour version.

Btw, it's the filter that keeps the spikes down. If you look at the brighter stars, you see that the spikes are there. But because of the way diffraction works, the spikes are dashed. Once colour is added, the spikes will be very pronounced and colourfull.

allintheheadscorpion_Preview01.jpg.61009cc7f683080d4baf069701ea016f.jpg

I think that once finished, the spikes of this star will have the extent of this crop. (Famous last words??)

7 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

That's mad you see no difference at f3. I can remember seeing a significant difference  when i added a reducer to my Skywatcher 80ed.

Normally I do too--I see a big difference with a .7x reducer on the TOA 130.  I got the FSQ and .6x reducer for F3 so I could finish images in 1 night.  So far, I am up to 14 hours for just 2 filters on Sh2-119 and it is not enough.

Rodd

Archived