First CLS filter

hi, looking at getting a clip in filter for my canon 760d. ive been looking at the SkyTech and the Astronomik. As i am not sure how much difference it will make in my area im not sure whether the almost double cost investment would be worth it on the Astronomik. Can anyone give me any direction as to pro's and con's of wither filter.

ive included a shot i took last night while testing my new mount and learning how to align it. 300s ISO 400 f6.3

really struggling to get sharp focus with my kit lens, is this the lens or just lack of practise?

L__MG_1254_ISO400_300s__29CReduced.jpg

i use the Astronomik one and it is fantastic. Withouth it i was able to go max 4min, after that the inage is totally white even if i am in bortle 4 zone, with the filter it was 20min. The one and only bad side is that you get a strong blue ting on your image (longer exposure, less tint) but that is easily fixable in photoshop with 'Match Color' and selecting 'Neutralize'

1.image - 20min single exposure

2.image - the 20min sinlge with blue tint removed (only that, not other edits have been made.)

I hope I helped you :)

20180619221024_IMG_1336.JPG

received_1698549686859802.jpeg

Archived