NGC7000 + IC5070 - is adding SII worth it?

Adreneline

Hi Everyone

This is my attempt at a combined NGC7000 and IC5070 although I have to say I'm not sure which way up it should be.

The image comprised 10x300s + 10x600s Ha and 10x600s OIII. Is it worth adding SII? Will it reveal more detail?

ngc7000-blended-processed-rotated.thumb.jpg.3441cf045ff655e74e265dd408131b7c.jpg

Taken with my Atik428 mono + Samyang 135mm at f2.2.

Stacked in DSS and combined and processed in PI with a few finishing touches applied in PS.

Critical observations would be welcomed please to help me improve the final image.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

Nice image! My guess is that adding Sii won't do much to get more detail. But it can give more colour variation. Since this is a commonly imaged nebula, you should be able to find references online, either here or on Astrobin.

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

My guess is that adding Sii won't do much to get more detail. But it can give more colour variation.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to give it a go and see what happens. Colour variation is good. The first 600s exposures are looking promising and if it stays clear I should manage to collect 12 of them tonight.

I really like my new Samyang 135mm; it is great for capturing these larger DSO targets. I've tried mosaics but without a camera rotator I've found it all very frustrating.

Roll on the longer, darker and hopefully clear nights!

Adrian

17 hours ago, wimvb said:

.... it can give more colour variation

You were correct Wim - try as I may I can't tease out any more detail so I've gone for colour - a purely subjective result.

2115519502_ngc7000-HubbleBlended.thumb.jpg.d16624de85c8f86580c2d126ece36372.jpg

Time to move on to another target :)

Archived