NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Telescope, Schmidt Cassegrain or Refractor?

AGF

15 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

There will never be anything 'easy' about imaging with an F2 system whose light cone is so steep as to make the focal depth only a matter of microns. 

The person designing that must have forgotten their physics. ? F/2!!! ? That is just stupid. I wonder if it has a 1:1,000 focuser. :D 

John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Olly,

Thank you for this information re: Hyperstar / SCT.  I remember reading somewhere that narrow-band filters can't be used and focusing is more difficult and time consuming. Something to do with the sensor and mirror alignment. I don't fully understand this yet but will need to look further. Swapping it back and forth is something I had not thought about. Perhaps a dedicated system is required for Hyperstar only! As I said before, this is very low on my wish list at the moment because of budget constraints and I may never get to experience these issues, however, gaining knowledge is part of the long learning curve I have set myself and I've still got a long way to go... 

Anthony

John, Olly,

OK, I'm convinced! Hyperstar has now gone further down, but not yet fully disappeared, from my list of desirable imaging accessories! But, 'never say never' .

Thanks

Anthony

Archived