Finally, my best first processed image of DSO ... Pelican

TareqPhoto

Hi again,

It has been a while since i posted here, i don't have images much lately except of lunar and planets, but my main passion is DSO really, so here is my somehow second test of new NB filters but now only with Ha, and i am really happy with the result so far, didn't expect it really, from ST80, QHY163M, Optolong Ha 7nm 36mm, DSS then Photoshop only.

T1c.jpg

6 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

Looks really good!  Makes me want to get back to imaging again :)

How much exposure was this?

Thank you!

It was 13 x 240 seconds, i was planning to have about 20 x 240s, but with some mistakes or errors happened i was forced to cut it down, i wanted to have longer exposures, but i think the idea is how to get the image right more than how long or how many, if i used higher gain and say shorter exposures like 2 minutes or even maximum 3 that may give me a bit rounder or sharper stars, it is unguided, so the longer i do with not perfect accurate polar alignment for tracking and unguided definitely i will see kind of not round stars, someone in another forum stated that i have little drift, i think maybe i included one or 2 frames where i lost the tracking due to a mistake, i am new and last year tests weren't that much great and i wasn't spending time to practice.

I really can't wait to get another scope as APO refractor, since last year i keep going back ans forth over many options, narrowing down, then adding more again, but good i bought a Newtonian, can't wait to take it out of the box, it may get me busy for a while before i decide on another scope, and nowadays i got busy on planetary/moon with my new scope, a Mak.

Archived