cleaning advise for filters and lens

Hi all got out the other night at last and got some images but i noticed like dark circles in the images! so i checked all the new zwo lrgb and narrowband set of filters which i installed into my wheel and looking close at them i can see specs of dust as i didnt think to clean them as i opened them brand new from there containers and fitted straight away into the filter wheel,

the coatings on the lens look very delicate and i do not want to scratch them in any way plus the new asi1600mm could do with a wipe also so what do you lot use which is going to be safe as the price i paid for the filters i dont want to ruin thanks John 

If it's just dust, try a brand new blower/brush used in the old days for cleaning slides and negatives before scanning or optically printing.  Try blowing first followed by very lightly brushing if the blowing didn't work.  The filter coatings are actually a lot tougher than you think, so don't stress too much about gently cleaning them.

If the blower didn't work, you'll have to graduate to microfiber cloths (or cotton balls) and ROR cleaning fluid.  Now is when you have to be careful not to scratch the coatings by grinding grit into them.  Try to roll the cloth/ball upward while moving it to lift grit away from the surface.  Make sure to apply the cleaning fluid to the cloth/ball and not directly to the filter where it can run off and seep under the edge.

Archived