SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

m65/66, ngc2903

39N84W

I only act with the Histogram. I move the Black bar to the right next to before the signal starts and then I move the White bar of the Histogram to the right or left until I see the object without overexposure, usually just when the visible signal starts with intensity in the graph. The central bar tried not to touch it. Then I save the photo and adjust it in detail later in a PC program.

I leave all other settings by default.

And I do not exceed 15 "of exposure in these bright galaxies, do not worry if the photo does not look very good on the screen with subsequent corrections will improve a lot. I have an 8 "Newton too.

As a program of retouching the photos I use the one that Mac has by default: iPhoto

It is a personal opinion anyway.....

Yes it's personal opinion but it's nice to read how you go about it. :)

I've been setting the white bar very far right and the black bar pretty far left. Then adjusting orange bar to suit my tastes. I'll try your method!

Archived