Omegon Telescope AC 80/400 OTA?

1 hour ago, Tim said:

Omegon is Teleskop Services own brand I believe. There aren't that many companies in the world actually making optics, but plenty sticking badges on them!

I don't know if the two companies are connected. They're both German. AFAIK  'Omegon' is the house name for Astroshop.eu. Astroshop/Omegon often sell TS products. TS Optics themselves market a lot of Barsta (BST) and GSO products under their own name. 

IMG_20171220_015227.thumb.jpg.f65890d652b1643a15e856b0cc547c3a.jpg

Above is the modified case of a 'Celestron' AstroMaster Accessory Kit I bought a few years ago. Astroshop sell the same kit as the Omegon AstroMaster. The 'Omegon' Barlow you can see on the left in the case is actually Barsta and FLO now sell it for quite a bit less than I paid for the Omegon version as a BST Barlow. The larger Barlow on the right was bought from TS Optics three or four years ago, it has TS Optics written on the side hidden from view. It's actually a GSO.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just seen this post, I bought one of these omegon scopes to use as a guider at f5, pretty good, for what it is, got it when on sale just don't pay too much for it, scratch the surface and you will find a orion/skywatcher clone. but good as a cheaper 80mm short guide scope.Tony

Archived