Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sharpless 206 (NGC 1491 in Perseus) - Wrong tool!

glennbech

Completely wrong tool for the job; but a very interesting object! Maybe I it could get some scope time from someone with a 8-12" SCT or larger? :)

About 1,5 hours with my Megrez 90 w/0.8 reducer. Modified canon 10D

8975_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hi Glenn ,

Imaging on your birthday :)

Nice images i'm sure you'll sort the flats issue out.

I like to do the same object in wide field and close-up - IU used to have a modified 500mm slr lens on the CPC800/SWE66 mount which meant i could guide through that and image with DSLR's through both the 8" and the 66 at the same time.. I had to remove it when i went into the dome though as the offset of the third OTA meant that it was awkward to get a clear view through the aperture withh all 3 otas at the same time.

Billy...

Nice images i'm sure you'll sort the flats issue out.

I'm beginning to get the hang of flats (checking stats in IRIS etc). The problem here is that I broke the golden rule of flats; "Never ever ever ever remove the camera or change the setup after you have taken the flats". After I did flats I realised that I had forgot my LP filter.... Leason learned! :-)

Archived