M45 1 year on

MikeCM

M45A.thumb.jpg.6c62826f5f404ef5224248bca95474eb.jpgM45.thumb.jpg.d9fa5c367c30048e1bffcae6868755a0.jpg

Managed to image M45 again this year with 2 hours of luminance in 5 min subs and 30 mins each RGB in 3 min subs. Quite pleased with the progress in my processing - No more purple nebulosity like last year when I got my CCD and filters from santa:icon_biggrin:.

Got Steve Richards book for my Christmas this year and I am certainly finding work at the computer with my images more rewarding. One of the problems I see is the blue halo around the bright stars - Is this normal and expected?

I like the purple one! You don't see them like that very often.

But OK, the cyan one has a bit more nebulosity and has nice, fuzzy stars. That should count as an improvement. Congratulations.

Good improvement. You got more variation in star colour, and pulled out more of the weak nebulosity. After examining the subs, you could try combining the old and the new datasets, and maybe reveal even mote detail. The purple nebulosity is a processing thing that you can correct, and shouldn't be critical in selection of subs.

Archived