Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iridium Flare.

Jeff RV

i'm a little confused by your post, as an Iridium Flare and the ISS are two different satellite phenomena. An Iridium Flare is a glint off an Iridium satellite, and the ISS is, well, the ISS.

It is possible to see two IR's close together. Sometimes another part of the satellite will flare, giving two flares above the baseline 6th magnitude appearance of the satellite, and occasionally another, unused or disabled Iridium satellite may be in the same orbit, and close by.

i'm a little confused by your post, as an Iridium Flare and the ISS are two different satellite phenomena. An Iridium Flare is a glint off an Iridium satellite, and the ISS is, well, the ISS.

It is possible to see two IR's close together. Sometimes another part of the satellite will flare, giving two flares above the baseline 6th magnitude appearance of the satellite, and occasionally another, unused or disabled Iridium satellite may be in the same orbit, and close by.

I've always been daft. :smiley:

What i meant was if it wasn't a I/F then could it have been the ISS etc just disappearing from view?

I suggested it was an I/F because i hadn't noticed it a few moment earlier, but when i looked back it was there.

Jeff.

Archived