North America Nebula widefield reprocess

I went back to some quite nice data from August 2016. my original processing pushed the nebulosity a bit to far, so it leapt out but looked a bit 'flat'. This is less bright but has more detail.

Taken with my Zeiss Sonnar 135mm wide open, 60 s exposure iso 800 modded Canon 450D.

The nebulosity made many of the stars very red, I was able to correct the larger ones but not the tiny ones.

This is an extraordinary patch of sky, with the widefield you can start to see how the 'Gulf of Mexico' is actually the head' of a vast bat-shaped patch of dark dust.

5a418cf74fea4_NANWidefield.thumb.png.bb0182a514a3ffb1e5e77e43c3afa91e.png

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I went back to some quite nice data from August 2016. my original processing pushed the nebulosity a bit to far, so it leapt out but looked a bit 'flat'. This is less bright but has more detail.

Taken with my Zeiss Sonnar 135mm wide open, 60 s exposure iso 800 modded Canon 450D.

The nebulosity made many of the stars very red, I was able to correct the larger ones but not the tiny ones.

This is an extraordinary patch of sky, with the widefield you can start to see how the 'Gulf of Mexico' is actually the head' of a vast bat-shaped patch of dark dust.

The lens has bad chromatic aberrations, the blue on one side of the brighter stars and the really bright stars have a red halo.

Archived