NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

latest mars orbitor about to slam the brakes on

radioactive

the latest orbiter sent to the red planet is nearing its goal a 5 year mission to start when orbit is achieved very soon it will fire its rockets to slow it and put it into an orbital path the thing about this mission is and this bit is a quote from a press release at the jet propulsion lab C I T

quote The orbiter carries six instruments that will produce data for studying Mars from underground layers to the top of the atmosphere. They include the most powerful telescopic camera ever sent to another planet; it will reveal rocks the size of a small desk. An advanced mineral-mapper will be able to identify water-related deposits in areas as small as a baseball infield. Radar will probe for buried ice and water. A weather camera will monitor the entire planet daily. An infrared sounder will monitor atmospheric temperatures and the movement of water vapor.

unquote

here is a link to the fuller press release.

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=19107

I for one am very excited with this mission as it really is going to take Mars apart tech speaking

take a look at the link I think you will agree we are in for some superb new stuff from our close friend again

the latest orbiter sent to the red planet is nearing its goal a 5 year mission to start when orbit is achieved very soon it will fire its rockets to slow it and put it into an orbital path the thing about this mission is and this bit is a quote from a press release at the jet propulsion lab C I T

quote The orbiter carries six instruments that will produce data for studying Mars from underground layers to the top of the atmosphere. They include the most powerful telescopic camera ever sent to another planet; it will reveal rocks the size of a small desk. An advanced mineral-mapper will be able to identify water-related deposits in areas as small as a baseball infield. Radar will probe for buried ice and water. A weather camera will monitor the entire planet daily. An infrared sounder will monitor atmospheric temperatures and the movement of water vapor.

unquote

Great, more pictures of rocks. :laugh: I want Martians!

Archived