NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter at long last!

dave1978

Well after months of waiting for a clear night & further waiting for Jupiter to move past a terribly placed street light into darker sky i finally got my chance to get a look at around 10pm last night.

Using my Nexstar 102slt i was full on blown away with what i saw! i couldnt believe it, i could actually see detail (i was just expecting the disc with my scope). It took me back to last summer when i started with this hobby and had a couple of amazing months with Saturn, but this was so much better.

I struggled with focusing as im having terrible trouble with vibrations! Whenever i move the scope or try to adjust the focus the levels of vibration through the eyepiece just ruin things as i have to try to guess when the focus is better, stop and let the vibrations settle, then check the focus again.

Nice one :hello1:

Jupiter is a treat to behold so is Saturn.

I can just make out the SEB & NEB although very faint.

I get terrible focus jiggles with my refractor (tweak the focus then look approach), my 127Mak is so much easier to focus at higher powers.

Paul

Archived