NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DIY DSLR Cooling - handbook

geoland

This is a DIY Consumer Digital Camera Thermoelectric Cooling Systems handbook, that I put together, after playing around with these systems for a number of years. I've been meaning to post on this forum for some time and never got around to it. You might have seen it on CN.

It's not for everyone and if someone finds it useful, well, I guess it's served its purpose. Not definitive, by any means. There are many ways to skin a cat...

It covers a range of subjects including basic theory, design calculations, an example build and a bit on mixed analog digital control circuits. Not the expert by any means and largely, a journey of discovery.

Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Wow, I know little of the subject but what seems to be a very thorough treatise! Thank you.

Only one comment really - having the index to help navigate is very useful, but I can't seem to search the text... for example I was interested to see if you made any comments re: measurement of environmental temperature/humidity wrt calculating dew point. Is searchable text possible at all? 

Hi. Thanks - 12 months work.

There is no mention of dew point calculation. I have left it to the reader, to suit the circumstances and any specific requirements they may have. The local weather channel reports temperature and humidity, if not DP. There are tons of online calculators. Similarly, the use of DP sensors to control heaters is a nice touch but not essential. 

There is mention of dewpoint in the discussion about design considerations. Whether operating above or below. Basically, the handbook design caters for below DP operation and suggests strategies for cameras without the in-built condensation protection - the reader will need to do a bit of homework.

I will look at word search. I suspect, reducing file size to save bandwidth on my website hss disabled it.

• 6 months later...

Archived