Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

all screw connection of imaging train

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make an all screwed connection of my imaging train. At the moment I have DSLR -> OAG for EOS -> MPCC mark III which is held inside the focuser by a compression ring adapter (3 screws). The MPCC is screwed to the OAG in M48 mode, I can't use the T2 adapter that came with the MPCC because the OAG has a M48 female thread.

I found on the market an adapter that would replace the compression ring adapter and could make an allscrewed connection when using a MPCC, T ring and DSLR.

index.jpg.23f3096e6352bc052cad13842c39626e.jpgindex1.jpg.976e81e949b083c5296b8fd1ebbbe99a.jpg

The M56 thread is actually M54, they got it wrong in the photo.

This adapter is alowing you to attach the MPCC to the T ring in T2 mode but I can do that because my OAG has a M48 female thread and even if I could use The T2 adapter of the MPCC it would hit the prism of the OAG. The end of the M48 thread of the MPCC is flush with the adapter and I'm wondering if I can extend in any way the M48 thread of he MPCC with some kind of adapter.

MPCC.thumb.jpg.4deda6559a4b6cfa158e13c276f9f4e7.jpg

So what I'm looking for is an adapter similar to the T2 one in the photo above but instead of T2 it would have a M48 thread and in this way extend the M48 thread of the MPCC so I can screw it into my OAG when using the FUFMPCC adapter. Do you guys know what size thread is the one pointed with the red arrow?

Would this king of adapter allow me to have an all screw connection?  Baader MPCC + M48 adapter (extension) screwd into the FUFMPCC -> FUFMPCC screwed into the focuser draw tube ->OAG for EOS screwed to the adapter (extension) of the MPCC M48 thread and EOS clipped to the OAG for EOS.

The other thing is the M48 thread of this adapter (extension) has to be 2.8mm max :).

I think my chances of finding something like this are quite low but even if I would find a longer one, I could grind it to the desired size.

If not, I'm thinking of emailing John at Jtech and asking if he can make such an adapter (extension) but only if it would work.

Emil

Archived