Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

autostar lcd going blank

hi all,

I had a curious problem yesterday - I was about to train the drives during the day on my lx200, and when I turned it on (it was parked), cancelled the gps fix, the display started fading and eventually it went blank, although I heard the start-up bleep. The scope slewed for a while, and then stopped. I suspect the autostar may be damp/cold (there was some moisture in one data socket). The power pack I use is fully charged, so that's not the issue. Tried a few restarts, got a little text, then it gradually faded out again.

Anyone else had this problem? I stored the autostar attached to the scope in the garage, so I'm wondering if cold/damp is the reason.

Philip

Here's a good piece of technical advice...

when the meade autostar lcd goes blank/starts fading in and out, before you go out and buy a new power supply/email telescope house/get depressed etc, check the brightness/contrast settings :salute: .. which may have decided to set themselves to minimum..

Now I'm no longer mourning my "broken" telescope, all is well in my household..

:laughing3:

p

Archived