SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGPro 'Center on Target' Mount Slews in Wrong Direction

Andyb90

Hi all,

I had a problem with my Avalon Linear mount slewing in the wrong direction the other night when trying to center on a target in SGP. I setup the mount, as normal, in the home position pointing North with CW down. I connected to the mount from SGP using the Avalon Stargo Ascom driver. Then I did my normal alignment routine in SGP:

1. Set the park position under the Telescope option in the SGP control panel.

2. Use the telescope nudge buttons to point the scope West then do a blind solve and sync. Repeat this step to the East.

I then tried to 'Center on Target' for the bubble nebula, which was rising in the East, but the mount began slewing West. Its odd as the above routine normally works fine.

I repeated the above steps a few times, but the mount still slewed West. Finally I decided to try ticking the 'Reverse E/W' checkbox under the Telescope option in the control panel. This time the mount slewed to the target in the East as expected.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers on this issue as I can't see what was causing the problem. I don't recall having to use the 'Reverse E/W' option before. TBH I'm not entirely sure if that option would have an impact on the 'Center on Target' function.

Andy.

I think I've managed to fix the issue. It looks like my location settings were incorrect in the Avalon Stargo software. Also I re-synced the mounts home position too. The mount then looked to be slewing in the correct direction. Fortunately its possible to do a basic goto test without having to wait for a clear night. :smiley:

Andy.

Archived