NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eureka moment

Hi guys after watching professor Brian Cox's explanation of the paradoxes of the Standard model in the recent BBC4 programme the Big Bang Machine. It got me thinking about these paradoxes and about quantum physics and relativity and how our Universe works and after quite a while bashing thoughts around my head I believe I have had what you might term A Eureka moment. From professor coxes'explanation the big problem with the standard model is the fact that 1 it keeps predicting quatum Particles without mass, hence the need for the Higgs Boson and 2 The inability of the very complex maths to handle the introduction of gravity without all hell breaking loose, and gravity becoming the ultimate force which as far as the quantum physicists are concerned means they have a big problem with the current model, and it was at this point that i had this for want of a better word, my Eureka moment. I don't believe these are paradox's at all in fact i believe that the model is actually predicting the actual physics of a quantum singularity where the energy levels are so high that matter reaches its ultimate or fifth state pure Energy without mass and that the only place in nature where these conditions actually exist is at the heart of natures own Super LHC, a super massive Black Hole. Where the matter that enters the massive gravity well ,isn't actually crushed out of existence as people believe, but instead is ripped appart and accelerated upwards by gravity to the super state . were you would expect to see fundamental Particles in existence without mass and were within the singularity its self the mass is super compressed to such a point were gravity really is the ultimate force. so if you could actually see the inside of a super massive black Hole at its core you would observe a solid mass ( singularity ) surrounded by an ocean of pure energy and if this is indeed the case then all the other paradoxes within quantum physics are also explainable including missing mass and the amazing multiple simultaneous pathways . what do you guys think regards Pete

In one sense what you're saying is kinda what the physicists are saying. Go to a high enough energy scale and there is only one force (call it gravity or whatever you like). Go down the energy scale and you get a splitting into different forces (symmetry breaking).

What physicists have long assumed is that when you get to very high energy then general relativity no longer applies. The scale of this was hypothesised by Planck, Dirac etc, and is called the Planck Scale. So physisicsts believe they don't yet have the means to say what's really going on at the centre of a black hole.

Also, physicists don't talk of "solid mass" or "pure energy". Mass and energy are not "stuff", they are attributes of stuff (matter and radiation). "Pure energy" would be like "pure length" or "pure temperature". "Solidity" is also not something found in modern physics - Einstein showed that a completely "rigid body" cannot exist - if it did, you could push one end and thereby send an instantaneous signal to the other end. In reality, if you push one end of a pole, it takes a certain finite time for the effect to transmit itself through the pole to the other end.

Hi acey

thanks for your comments i think i need to further explain what i Mean here i only use the term pure energy loosely to differentiate between the relatavistic state were matter and energy can be transposed as observed in thermonuclear processes and the quantum state were individual particles like quarks hadrons etc can exist in a mass less state which I interpret to be the final transition of the matter energy conversion process and I also believe the gravity itself is only applicable in the relatavistic state in effect it is a product of lower energy state of matter and i would thus describe it as being the gradient of the curvature of space in other words an effect of the presence of mass caused by the density of matter. acting upon the surrounding space . Further more the current paradoxes as experienced by quantum physicists are due in no small part to their blinkered reluctance to accept what the model predicts in otherwords they are so caught up in the mathematics that they cannot see the wood for the trees I have always held fast to the principal of Occam's razor which states that when all things are considered the simplest explanation is probably the correct one and using already well understood physical laws etc are much simpler than the introduction of exotic particles strings or multiple universes to prop up their disbelief in there own calculations. the ultimate transition of mater is simply the logical progression of higher energy states solid to liquid , liquid to gas, gas to plasma regards Pete

Archived