NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

65mm APO refractor

Hi all, 

I'm in the market again for a wide field scope. Been wondering what would be the best FL that would compliment my existing setup. Thought long and hard and I think I've nailed it down to the aperture which would be a 65mm. 

Now the ideal FL (native) that works well for absolutely almost everything for the winter skies is 420mm.

Three choices that I have are

1) TS APO 65MM Quadruplet (f6.5) £799

2) Primulace Lab AIRY APO 65F (f6.5) £793

3) Tecnosky 65Q Quadruplet APO (f6.5) £699

Question is, which one is better in terms of build quality, focuser, working well within cold temperatures and over all performance. 

There's hardly anything about the Primulace and Tecnosky on the Internet. 

As you can see, Tecnosky is almost £100 cheaper than TS one. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Not sure where and if it would fit or is still available but I saw a WO 66 for sale recently, maybe search UKABS. Seriously considered it myself but I think I have pre-ordered an alternative. Still was tempted however.

Need to check on the pre-order as it all seemed to be too easy and a bit informal.

All the 65/420 quadruples are from the same fab. They may differ in paint and accessories. Without any corner cases each should perform the same. WO66 dublet/triplet isn't the same thing and will require also a field flattener.

Archived