NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A late reprocess M33

DaveS

Oh boredom, what have you to answer for!

The never-ending succession of cloudy nights had me going back over old data eventually looking at this capture of M33 back in late Nov / early Dec last year. I think it's 2 hours each of lum, Ha, R, G, and B in 10 min subs with the 130 f/7 and Trius 694. The LRGB through Baader filters and the Ha through 3nm Astrodon. The Ha subs were combined into the Red stack which was a Sigma Add setting in AA5, as were the others. Flats and Bias, no Darks. Gradient removal (Linear and Vignetting) then several histogram stretches with curves before combining in RGB, followed by LRGB synth with the Lum stack and final stretching and saturation boost. There's a lot of rubbish hidden in the black!

5909ed54034d8_HaLRGBSigmaAdd.thumb.png.02e4d8d0cbff478169532d09abf543c4.png

A phrase involving silk purses comes to mind, but to describe the raw data as a sow's ear would be unwarranted flattery! There are LP gradients all through them, and in different directions due to my varied LP. There're also more than a few uncorrected, and possibly uncorrectable dust bunnies in all of them. There are also huge borders due to some dodgy alignment issues arising from a lack of orthogonallity in the camera. This image is only about 75% of the whole.

I know I've posted earlier versions of this but I think this is the least bad of the lot. I'll put this to bed I think until next year when perhaps I'll have better data.

C & C welcome as always, but please bear in mind the original data.

Archived