NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7000 North America Nebula

laser_jock99

Not quite sure what I was hoping to achieve here. At this focal length (1200mm) all I got was a solid nebula and not much else. In retrospect I should have nudged it towards the 'The Wall' or somewhere more interesting for 90 minutes!!

NGC7000 North American Nebula, Cygnus- 9x 300s, 12" F4 Newtonian scope, Baader MPCC III, Canon 40D (full spectrum mod), from dark sky site in Mid Wales.

33990230952_122db22c05_k.jpgNGC7000 North American Nebula, Cygnus- 9x 300s, 12" F4 Newtonian scope, Baader MPCC III, Canon 40D (full spectrum mod), from dark sky site in Mid Wales. by laserjock99, on Flickr

Nice image. You've got round stars and a pleasant colour in neb and stars. 1200 mm is a bit too much for this large patch of sky, unfortunately. I think that if you can accurately point this scope, you will be able to create terrific close ups of this nebula. There is a lot going on in the Cygnus Wall and the Pelican's 'neck', which would fit this setup very nicely.

For an overview, you are probably better off with your ED 80.

Archived