Fun despite wind gusts and cloud clumps !

John

Too much wind for my 12" dob tonight so I've been carving our some sort of observing session with my ED120 refractor. I explored the open clusters and binaries in Cancer to start with and I'm now teasing out galaxies in Leo. Not really the right scope or conditions plus it's rather chilly but I've managed the Leo Triplet plus M96, 96, M105 and NGC 3384. Also picked up M51 in Ursa Major now that it's risen above the Bristol murk.

With so few observing nights over the past couple of months I feel I've got to make an effort when some stars are actually showing even though it's a bit of a battle !

Better pop back out - I think the wheely bins have blown over again :rolleyes2:

With so few observing nights over the past couple of months I feel I've got to make an effort when some stars are actually showing even when it's a bit of a battle !

Tell me about it! a couple nights ago I waited a good 20 minutes to get a good look at Jupiter. Today's one of the better days over the last couple weeks!

Archived