Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CGE PRO Mount using the GET RA facility

anthony2577

Hi,

I have a CGE PRO mount and was using it the other night when I had cause to check a stars co-ordinates  using the Mount’s ‘GET RA’ facility.

Looking at the Handcontroller  I suddenly realised that the RA read out, rather than showing  a fixed number, was in fact changing, the ‘RA minutes’ were increasing by each second of time. I had also recently completed a new  drift alignment on my Mount, following the normal accepted procedure, adjusting the Azimuth knobs until there  was no ‘up or down’ drift seen in my illuminated 12mm eyepiece for 30 minutes.

I have checked all the clutch knobs are secure so I am somewhat baffled by the inaccuracies of the ‘GET RA’ read out, unless there is some obvious aspect I have overlooked….I am hoping there is no problem with the  RA motor, having had the Mount serviced last year.

So I would be grateful for any comments/help with this problem.

Many thanks and clear nights…anthony  

Archived