SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Will this fit this please.

It will "fit", in the sense that you can screw it on. But the question is, what do you expect to do with it? E.g. if you try photography with a relatively large sensor, you will get a lot of vignetting and the beautifully sharp stars your normally produces will not be good far from the center of the FoV.

I have no experience of either the scope or the reducer but making a 0.5x reducer for anything other than a very small chip is a big ask. I don't know of any reducers intended for DS imaging which are as fast as this. That doesn't mean they don't exist, I just haven't come across any. The reducer would take you down to F3.2 which I would consider almost certainly beyond what can be done.

Most generic reducers are also flatteners and your quad has a flat field already, so this might be a problem. It can be done because Takahashi make reducers for their F5 quads. I think only the manufacturer of the scope can advise you reliably.

Olly

Archived