NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New attempt at Triangulum and brand new Rosetta Nebula

Eri

So last night I finally had a nice clear night and also my new LP Filter arrived from FLO (ordered 9th sept so really pleased for a clear night when it did arrive, supplier issues i believe)

So out with the scope and as per suggested in an alignment issue thread I made earlier in the month I did manage to do a 3 star alignment... but it was very close the house only just allowed me to get the 3rd star. So now I'm aligned and do some test slews and I appear to be centred well, yippee i go and let the scope cool while eating dinner then out I go again and decide first off Triangulum (2 hours) then off to Rosetta (another 2 hours) and these are the results.

I'm very pleased with both images especially Rosetta but opinions and suggestions are always appreciated and if anyone would like to show that my processing can be better i'm more than happy to link to the integrated files for each just mention the file format you work with

Triangulum 25-11-16 v1.png

Rosetta Nebula v1.png

Hi Eri

It's great fun starting out getting those first results and you've got some solid data there - the fun part is exploring how to process it to its full potential

Have a look around this forum at others that have imaged these objects for guidance on how to process them - it's a difficult trade off between what you want to see and the data you actually captured :-)

David

Archived